View Single Post
      04-13-2013, 06:37 PM   #67
Bicax
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2010 BMW 335d (E91)

Quote:
Originally Posted by VP Electricity View Post
The MS-8 has been a huge disappointment for us, we don't sell it actively any longer, we have had too many fail, we have had too many Bluetooth echo problems. We no longer use DSP in our Level One, Two, or Three systems other than in base Stereo situations, and in those systems we use other means of signal correction.
I'm glad that you've written that, since on Monday I was going to pull the trigger on an MS-8. My aim is to improve SQ, not to add extra headaches, so for now I'll put it on hold.

With that being said, you've just ruined countless hours of searching for answers and brought up a few more questions

What to do in a Logic 7 system, then? The DA2 seems like the second best option to HU recoding for those who want to delete their amp (thanks Technic!). Initially my plan was to do HU > DA2 > MS-8 > (2) amps. If I remove the MS-8 from that plan, I'm understanding from your post that I could also do HU > DA2 > (2) amps. But wouldn't I be missing a lot by not having a DSP (granted the DA2 allows you to keep an EQ, but I understand it's limited, and as far as I've read it doesn't do all the other nice things you've listed)?

If so, which DSP(s) would you guys advise to use in this particular setup in place of the MS-8?

As you can see my knowledge on car audio is still relatively limited, so I was actually looking forward to the ease of use of the MS-8 (autotune...).

On another topic, you're doing an excellent job kaigoss, thanks a lot. The table is very clear, this is exactly what I would have needed a couple of weeks ago. There are tons of discussions/information scattered everywhere, it's extremely hard to know which steps to follow unless you already know what you're doing. So this is very helpful.
Appreciate 0