View Single Post
      03-04-2006, 05:45 PM   #99
JB 330ci
Resident "Spook"
Rep
Drives: 03 330ci, 08 335i, 08 A5,

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdorn
You're not alone. In fact, there was a poll up not too long ago that indicated there are more conservatives on here than liberals (at least that voted in the poll). The vote was 28 conservatives to 24 liberals with the rest being moderates.

I quit posting in these political threads whenever I can keep myself from doing so as they are never ending and pointless. I have only come across a couple of people that can make reasonable arguments while the rest resort to name calling and spouting rhetoric with no actual facts to back up their position.
So true. People seem to base their opinions on opinions. Has anyone done any research or looked for the facts.

Fact: 9/11 was not some vast conspiracy. It was on videotape. No amount of government cover-up could try to cover that up.
Opinion: If the Twin Towers survived the attack would they have demolished? I would say yes since it would pose a serious structural integrity problem, There has never been an attempt to repair or reconstruct a (skyscraper) from the amount of damage the Twin Towers received. There is no possible way in order to reconstruct the towers to the same structural integrity needed.

Fact: Afghanistan was holding UBL, and the Taliban. They had to go. We invaded
Fact: What ever you believe about OIF or the reasons surrounding the OIF war, we are there now.
Fact: Bush is not an idiot, a post in this very thread shows he does not have an IQ below the state average to be classified as "slow"
Truth: Facts are facts, you cannot discount a fact. Facts are used in order to support particular positions. People who can't debate use opinions to support positions and disregard facts.
Opinions: Opinions can be based off of facts, however they show a bias towards the position a person is supporting.
Opinion: Liberals are pussy's
Opinion: Conservatives are fascist, Christians

Can you prove the last two opinions based on facts in all cases?
Personal attacks demonstrate a weak position, same as avoiding the question, or changing the subject. Yes I'm attacking both sides here because I am sick and tired of people presenting their view as (God) so to speak.

Debating is productive to society however useless tirades just alienates people from the very point or position you are trying to make.

If you want to debate aganist me go right ahead...
Appreciate 0