View Single Post
      08-11-2006, 08:47 PM   #4
derrick
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e92 m3, i03 i3s, f80

Perhaps i can share my experience so far and it'll help you? This is my first ED, and I've been reading about it others' ED experiences here on e90post as well as other forums. Seems like every CA & dealer may work a bit different. More of if they're about to make your order a priority or not.

My initial process seems to be a lot slower than what others have experienced, as far as getting a requested ED date along with production numbers. What I've gone through so far is this:

1. 7/20 - Went to Harloff BMW, got approved for financing, sat and built my car on paper with the options I wanted with the Client Advisor.

2. 7/24 - CA Submitted order.

3. 8/7 - CA calls to confirm that car is ordered, and is scheduled for a production week in September. CA said sorry it could not be earlier, it is because i have navi, and those have been set for september production.

I wasn't really looking to get an earlier date anyway. CA also said he didnt have a chance to get the production number for me. He was home watering his lawn when calling me.

4. 8/8 - Received a little folder from BMWNA explaining the ED process. No production number or anything is included. Just paperwork explaining the next step is to confirm the purchase order to LOCK IN the ED date. There was a meal voucher for BMW's bistro, and some really confusing maps.

4. 8/11 - CA calls to give me stellar news. I was given a production number, and that I received the requested ED date of Sep 27th. 1 month faster than i anticipated! (bare in mind i ordered at the end of july, expecting not to really get a date until end of october. Instead of waiting 3 months for europe, i get to go in 2. :rocks: )

CA also explains the process a bit more and let me know to swing in no less than 30 days prior to ED date in order to confirm the car's delivery by finalizing paperwork and putting in the "purchase order". By then, financing/payment for the car should be set. Bring in a passport, etc and you're golden? I hope that helps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghunger
You can have a production number long before you head to Germany for delivery. RichReg is right about recieving a letter confirming your date. Your CA should know within about 2 weeks of placing your order whether or not your requested delivery date was accepted.
Appreciate 0