09-11-2012, 09:21 PM   #26
longliven54
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i e90 auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by fazman
I just got 29DC about 30 minutes ago. I went to fill up a tank of gas at Costco and got on the freeway (Less then one mile after fill up with 93 octane). I floored it to pass a line of slow cars on the right line, after passing 2 cars I felt something shudder and I let off the gas. Got off the freeway and I could feel the car shaking lightly. No CEL/SES lights but at a stop light I could feel the car shake like its having a hard time maintaining idle. Acceleration was non-existant, I could only gently get up to speed.

I babied the car home for about 4 miles and then pulled the code (29DC), cleared the code and then went on a WOT run up and down the freeway with no problems.

The only thing I have recently done is the past 3 weeks is walnut blasting and new spark plugs. At the same time I had added an AR DP with DP fix set at 5 o'clock, BMS OCC, and a ER FMIC full kit with charge pipe Tial BOV VTA. I already had the JB4 and BMS DCI

I suspect that the 5 o'clock setting might be a little weak (but hasn't tossed any codes in the past 750 miles). I think i need to have it at 4 o'clock or possibly 4:30?? This is the first time I got this code, last week my wife got some code for the yellow engine symbol and a yellow 4x4 disable symbol (had her clear the codes without checking them. The car never gave any codes before this.

- Faz
dp fix along with a tune is not a good idea. dp fix is more so for peeps without a tune wanting to pass readiness inspection n such. pm terry and ask for more guidance if you feel the need.
JB4 G5 / VRSF IC / STETT CAI / GREDDY / custom exhaust / iRotora cross drilled rotots / snow stage 3 meth / 19" iForged senekas / upgraded speakers n CF woofer box / M3 bits/ DINAN camber plates/ KONI/ megan racing toe arm/ supreme power lowering perch
Appreciate 0