View Single Post
      04-19-2014, 05:39 PM   #132
csupernova
Captain
Rep
Drives: E90 330i

Just finished replacing the valve cover gasket on my 330i. It was not fun at all. A lot of frustration and took me almost 7 hours to complete. Took me 1 hr to take the breather hose out. The most time consuming thing is to take out the valve cover. There are areas where it is hitting and I have to use some good force to finally pull it out. Putting it back is a pain too. All the wiring are in the way and you have to somehow tie them away. One of my bolt broke and that's why it is leaking. When I took out the gasket, I could see other areas are not leaking. I could have just replace that broken bolt without replacing the gasket.
The gasket is made out of metal with some kind of rubber coating. Unlike the later E90 model where it uses rubber gasket and they could turn hard and brittle, I don't see how this metal gasket could go bad. I could be wrong though. Anyway, please ask any question you might have if you're considering doing this yourself. The process is still fresh on my mind.
One more thing, there is no spark plug sleeve that you need to take out on my 330I. Also, the valvetronic gasket is different on my car too compare to 328.
Appreciate 0