View Single Post
      04-08-2014, 03:21 PM   #235
girliegurl
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2009 335i SE

Hey All, I'm new to the forum so hopefully I'm posting about this in the right place. In love with my 335i, but it's just out of warranty and I've started having a problem. My car upon cold start idles very rough. The rpm's fluctuate between 500 rpms (almost stalling out) and then shoots up to 3000 rpm's. It's given the check engine light twice while this is happening. I had the code read at autozone and it is P15DF which I saw might be the HPFP. I've been trying to read up on here and have seen that it could be anything from the coil ignition to fuel injectors to vanos solenoids. I will take it to the dealership for the work if it's most likely the HPFP because I read it's covered for 100k miles, but otherwise I want to take it somewhere to get other issues fixed ($$). Has anyone else had this same issue with the same codes?
Oh yeah, and this has been happening for about a month. It drives fine once I actually start driving. As far as gas, I have only been putting in shell V-power for the last few fill ups and same issue.
Appreciate 0