View Single Post
      02-08-2013, 01:53 PM   #138
bender rodriguez
Banned
Rep
Drives: Audi

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexwhittemore View Post
No, they don't. Mid production they stopped including phone prep, mine doesn't have it.

If you have voice command, I'll assume you also have iDrive? That means you have a mic, but it's more likely connected directly to the CIC than it is to the MULF. If you have phone prep, you can repin the mic in the junction box area from the CIC to direct to the MULF. If you don't have phone prep, you definitely have to run a new wire. It's probably easier to run a new wire either way.

I've personally done my car (328i 2009 no idrive no prep) and one other (335i 2009 idrive don't recall prep) and ran wires for both of them.
The foreman yesterday told me that the only thing needed to be done was the antenna attached and the coding. That the MOST cable running from MULF2 could use the mic or something. That after I attach the antenna if it takes them more than an hour they wont charge me O.O

So I am out there dropping the trim pannel and I don't see where this MOST connector is. Also, I assume all cars with MULF2 have that extra cable that runs from the mulf over to the trim panel? I guess the phone prep has more to do with having the mic?
Appreciate 0