Thread: DPF Delete
View Single Post
      11-03-2013, 12:23 PM   #35
scotty2hotty
Rep
Drives: 330d m sport

Hi im new on here but I have been reading the thread and thought I would share my experience with my DPF.

well my car was gradually losing power over like 2 weeks after I regenerated my dpf as I only do short journeys to work etc.

I did a bit of research and thought my best option would be to delete the damn thing so that's what I did.

on Saturday I decided to get the car on the ramp and take the dpf off (very fiddly job and not much room) eventually I got it off and decided to cut it open and take the dpf out but leave the cat in and weld back up (cat and dpf combined).
while I was doing this I had a friend read my map and send it off to have the dpf software deleted which was sent back just as the car was put back together then programmed back in.

Although its not been long and I have not done many miles yet I can report the car does breath a lot better and feels a lot smoother with plenty more power and likes to spin the back wheels when you plant your foot quite effortlessly.

I know people are worried about leaving people behind in clouds of black smoke but there does not seem to be much of that at all, you may get a slight puff when you floor it but otherwise its clear.

sorry if I have hijacked this thread I just thought my experience would help others and answer some questions.
Appreciate 0