View Single Post
      12-03-2012, 03:54 PM   #43
rismo
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW E92 335

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuraQ View Post
This is good news, but something I recently found which is only considered a theory until I get more qualified poeple to verify:

The DME reports to the DCT values that calculate how much pressure to apply to the clutches to avoid slippage from "increased HP" ie, boost, target, throttle position etc. This will be problematic for piggyback users ie clutch slippage should be more expected on such tuning platform

If your DME "thinks" the turbos are producing only 12 PSI the DCT calculates that into an aproximate HP value and then ups the bar pressure to 10 when in fact you are running more PSI and more HP, which causes the clutches to slip then leading to more heat which will lead to more slip.

Also brake Boosting is harmful to your DCT and will cause slippage if used too many times especially with a piggyback setup on the DCT 335iS exclusively

FYI, I am nearing 200+ launches using LC and my DCT is still STRONG, no slippage whatsoever
I can confirm that piggybacks are sending an altered torquo/load number to the gearboxes. This is at least required for the ZF AT's to avoid limp's. How software tunes are dealing with this I do not know.

What I do know is that for example the addaption proces, (you can force this by resetting your gearbox) can actualy harm your internals, because at that moment all the statsistics within the box are also wiped. These figures do also incorporate the wear of the internals. The box needs to "figure out" again how the wear was.
These stats get generated only when the box is within normal operational temps and so it is very important to carefully run the car after an adaption reset. If this is 1 on 1 applicable to a DKG I can not confirm, but that the DKG has a similair kind of logic I'm pretty sure about.
BMW 335 E92 09 - Full options - DKG - MHD by Buraq - RB Next Gen - RB Inlets/Outlet - Forge Diverter Valves - AR Catless DP - Afe Intake - Helix IC - FuelIT Stage 2 LPFP - Ar Oil Cooler - PPK Water Cooler - M3 Suspension - JRZ RS1 Shocks - Eibach Pro Springs - Drexler LSD - BMW IS Exhaust - Carbon Endurance Brake Pads - Stainless Steel Brake Lines - M101 Wheels - Michelin PS2 - M-Tech Body - M-Strutbar
BMW M550i G30 2019 - BM3
Appreciate 0