05-06-2009, 02:27 PM   #170
rkick08
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by username11 View Post
I am an IT consultant working in the large-scale enterprise business software arena. For those of you bored in IT I would recommend trying out this field -- every day ends up being pretty exciting. To answer your questions based on my situation:

I make $125-150/hr. I work at least 40 hrs a week and on average 10-15 hrs. a week overtime at my primary gig. I also do gigs on the side usually 5-15 hrs a week. I get paid the same rate for over time. Contracts are usually 6 mo to over a year. I have been on my existing contract for almost two years. I also spend about 2 hrs every day trying to keep my skills current.

I do not get benefits, vacation days, sick days, time off, holidays, insurance, life insurance, or job security. But in the end the rate of pay far outweighs the benefits of W-2 and I absolutely love being paid for every hour I work.

looks like i should of studied IT as well! shyt I have my AA and I'm about to get my BSB/A and I only make about 45k and im 23, I started making about 18k when I first statred 6 yrs ago (i was 18). ... and I work in sales!!
Appreciate 0