View Single Post
      10-16-2012, 03:49 PM   #42
will bleich
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: pos

Quote:
Originally Posted by N0OS3 View Post
i painted the chrome around my turn signal bulb, but i replaced the standard orange bulb with an LED one: LINK

Sidenote: I'm having a difficult time placing a good seal on my LCI halogens as well... i'm starting to think though it's not the seal i'm putting around the headlight, but perhaps a bad seal on the panels in the back of the headlight... i pulled them apart last night, ripped off all the RTV silicone, and now i'm putting JBweld all around the headlights lol... yes, it's extreme, but this is my 4th time pulling the headlights out and trying to prevent the condensation... it's become a tedious project >__< next time, i'm just going to take my time and heat gun the lens off instead of cutting it off with a dremel. To finish this fix up this time, i'm going to run a bead of RTV silicone on the edge of the panels - just in case.
yea id try and go over the dremel cut with a second heavy coat of rtv just to make sure, you might have missed a pin hole sized spot and it might be causing it to fog up
Appreciate 0