View Single Post
      05-06-2013, 09:51 AM   #2
Rydicule
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by bplant13 View Post
I need a full brake job and am looking to upgrade my stock pads/rotors on my E90 LCI 335xi. Stock system is actually pretty good, but I'd like some lower dust pads. I'm thinking of either EBC red stuff, or Hawk ceramic.

My main question is about mixing different rotors between front and back. ECS tuning claims that the 2-piece, lightweight performance rotors taken from the Z4 35is can fit the 335 up front, but it's not the case for the rears. BMW claims they're not compatible and they don't offer any performance rotors for the 335 models. Here's a link to the rotors:

http://www.ecstuning.com/BMW-E90-335...ont/ES2526447/

Does anyone have any experience with using these rotors? Is there any issue with going light-weight up front and standard OEM in the rear? My front wheels are already 7lbs lighter than the rear with my staggered MORR setup, so this proposed rotor setup would make it a 10lbs difference, which again, I'm not sure would make things better or worse as far as driving and handling dynamics.
I got Hawk HPS pads for front and rears, but I did some premium Centric rotors on the rear and currently have the Z rotors sitting in my garage.

Unfortunately, that means I don't have much feedback for ya. When I went to put them on, I saw the front pads had about 35-40% of their life left and didn't want to waste it. Probably doing it this summer, but let me know how it works if you go that route.
Appreciate 0