View Single Post
      01-05-2018, 10:40 AM   #19
ricsands
Registered
Rep
Drives: 320i (uk)

any help please

so i recently had my battery replaced as I was told my 2006 e90 needed a new battery. I did a replacement and my car was fine for about 2 months.. i later had a service and the dealership said that my alternator was starting to go bad this in turn caused my starter to eventually die as it was being overworked. I replaced the starter and alternator the car ran and started fine for about 2 weeks ..the car then had issues starting i would continually have a weak start and eventually the car refused to start.. i would manually charge my battery and i would get a start for a few days then it wouldn’t start after a few days time...i took it to an indy as the dealership just wasn’t cutting it..the indy advises that the alternator was the problem so a brand new alternator was put into the vehicle...after 3/4 days the issue came back up..still not starting consistently battery not charging...i proceeded to change the IBS cable as it was throwing a IBS error and once the error code was removed with the new ibs and a fully charged battery the car didn’t start..so i’ve changed the alternator the starter(which is fine because the car starts with a jump pack) the ibs but still have intermittent on/off starts..i’ve pretty much lost my mind with what the problem is...can anyone give some advice or direction as to what could be the problem..now while driving i’m getting abs lights that come on...i’ve always had a restraint system fault in iDrive but from my research this could be due to the seat mat sensor issue...help.....i love my 320 handles beautifully i just want my ride back..
Appreciate 0