03-22-2014, 10:20 AM   #31
D's Bimmer
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 340 Xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW1983 View Post
Decided to replace my sport suspension on my 2011 335d after 30K miles. Had Bilstein PSS10 (coilover) set up on my previous E90 - great amount of control and loved the monotube feel but the spring was pretty firm and overall most people felt the ride was too firm and stiff. Once I learned about the B12 set up it sounded right.

I was searching for a return of the solid, planted, communicative feel I enjoyed with the PSS10 set-up along with a bit quicker steering response and less sway/roll in the corners and less of a skipping sensation with chatter over bumps.

Essentially, all above desires were satisfied to an incredible degree with the B12 kit. My ride feels more athletic, composed, stable....but as well is just as if not more comfortable than with the stock sport suspension. I did not have to compromise comfort for performance --- actually gained in both areas. Very happy with this set up.
I installed the B12 kit a month ago. How are you finding it after months on the road?

I am 80% there. I am still on winter run flats. Hoping that switching to my summer Michelin PSS's will soften it up just a little bit over city driving and I will be very happy.