eppisgood
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 e90 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetblackcoupe View Post
Labor should be about 125.. Go to a dif shop

What made you decide to not go OEM? Why akebono?
Akebono costs $80 whereas the price for OEM brake pads from the indy shop was quoted at $148.22.

From this thread and reading elsewhere in this section, I've gathered that Akebono brake pads have a good reputation for not much brake dust, nearly as good of stopping power as OEM, & aren't very noisy. Also am considering StopTech.

Zimmermann rotors because I don't track my car & don't drive aggressively... I'll accelerate aggressively every now and then, but when I do I always am in front of traffic and the roads around here are very wide with great visibility so I'm always gently braking. The indy shop says they can get me Zinc coated Zimmmerman rotors for $185, which is the same price as that website, so I'll just get the rotors from the indy shop.

The labor portion is only $216 (these are for front, not rear, FYI) - the indy shop is highly recommended on here & Yelp. So using the above parts ($262.47), it'd be a total of $478.47.

The indy shops original quote of $627.75 includes OEM brakes/rotors/sensor/install. They don't warranty "feel" or "noise" if OEM isn't used, which I'm sure is standard amongst indy shops.