Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 15 S3

FT: E90 LCI AHL Headlights

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
USD 500.00

Item Interest
I've got a pair of E90 LCI AHL headlights I'd like to trade for pre-LCI AHL headlights.

The headlights are complete and include all-OEM components. Bulbs are all high quality OSRAM/Philips as well. The only imperfection is that the larger AE ring on the driver's side is slightly dimmer than the others. Not sure why--the rings look intact from all angles inside the housing, as does the bulb/mirror assembly that drives it. Could probably be evened with a slightly brighter bulb on the driver's side (vs. pass side).

Please note that these are not plug and play. You will need to code your FRM module to accept the different bulbs (to pre-LCI) as well as program the leveling and AHL functions in the modules on the headlights. If your car is currently equipped with an FRM 1 (production up to mid-07, you can check by inspecting the FRM label), you'll also need to retrofit a newer FRM (2 or 3). I have a used FRM2 that I can include for an extra $100.

I cannot offer coding of any sort. I've done some pretty extensive research into retrofitting these properly, and can't really commit the time necessary to learn the programs and procedures involved at this point.

On my car (with the used FRM2), I simply disabled the AHL function and they've been fine otherwise. I suspect this will be the case on any E90 (until you program the FRM/modules for AHL function).

You come to me (Stony Brook, NY), inspect the lights, I install them to your car, you drive home. Again, I suspect everything besides AHL will work, albeit with some bulb-check errors on the dash (before you have them properly coded).

I'll have photos up later today/tomorrow.

Feel free to PM for my cell.

Cheers

Last edited by yakev724; 01-14-2013 at 12:44 PM..
Appreciate 0