View Single Post
      04-06-2011, 04:31 PM   #79
MrJet
Denmark
Rep
Drives: BMW 320d E90

Hi guys

Thanks a lot for a great DIY. After i read it i went to my favorite BMW used car parts store and bought a set Dakota Terra sports leather seats with seat heating and memory. I have done the cabling, my car did not have any options, so I had to install cables for power and canbus for the driver seat and power and seat heat control for the passenger seat – more of that to come, I will write about my challenges with the install later.

But right now I have a problem. My seat heat in the passenger side doesn’t work. The canbus controlled on the driver side is ok. I have checked the power, constant 12V on pin 4 and 9, ground on 8 and 13, 12V ignition on pin 5 and the seat heat control on pin 1. My guess is that there are two possible errors, either is pin 1 not correctly connected to X14270 pin 38 or the coding is no good. I have added $459, $481, $488, $494 to VO and recoded. But do I have to code more? Is it possible to have a look at yours .TRC files? And does anybody know if it is possible to measure the seat heat control signal? If it is a pulse modulation signal I think that you have to use an oscilloscope with I don’t have.

Best Regards,
Christian
Appreciate 0