03-16-2012, 10:51 AM   #2348
Alex@AKMotorwerk
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 AW F10 535i

Quote:
Originally Posted by RevC View Post
and my car had a transplant! thanks buddy

lol i was going to put it on man but alex told me it was a e90 and i was , we were worried about fitment on my xi coupe, but they look good to any potential buyers, the tips are really nice and big(insert joke here).

on another note, went over to see my old buddies Alex and Kev at AKM a few days ago. had my cdv modified and the helix fmic from craig's car (which i heard now might have 20 miles! lol, thanks again craig) installed and its amazing that people don't do these two mods first! Car feels so different now above 3-3.5k it just pulls and pulls and the best part is that it doesn't drop down in power or heatsoak like the oem unit. It was pretty funny actually when Alex asked me to pick up the oem and then the helix, the OEM is a featherweight. i've seen pics but you don't realize how small it really is until you see it off the car, it's pathetic. The Helix has a great stepped core design and its apparent that its made with quality and performance in mind. I haven't been on a dyno and my procede is not on autotune maps yet but i can DEF say it gave me a good ~20AWHP. It's a tremendous amount of power, if i ever feel like i need more ill prob throw the AFE DCI on but for now i'm not sure what i'm doing intake wise and im content with the HP levels im at. The CDV mod is great too, no more 1-2 jerky shifts and it's butter smooth. the shifter action is still a bit notchy but we all know thats another issue we all have! it took a little getting used to but once i got accustomed to the new clutch feel it was awesome, i can rev match downshift much easier and accurately now. The guys did an awesome job with the installs and it was a lot of work getting that IC in with all the trimming (LOL atleast it wasn't a rusted downpipe bolt from hell like on my last e92 if you guys remember that!) It took a few hours but they have a really chill lounge area where i got some work and emails done. Even though it took a few hours with all the trimming and such they did not charge me any more than the agreed price and Alex fixed my ground bolt on my steering wheel for no charge and i appreciated that. The pricing is extremely competitive and the work was done right. It's good to have a couple of guys that are down to earth, and don't mind if you watch them work while answering any questions you have. Alex& Kev, it was around a four hour drive for me but it was great seeing you guys again after so long. ill be back for more in the spring
Rev... always a pleasure. Good seeing you again. Car is coming along nicely!!
Appreciate 0