View Single Post
      02-10-2016, 08:07 AM   #599
AWD Addict
Chief Executive
Rep
Drives: 2008 335xi 6spd Coupe

Garage List
2008 335xi  [0.00]
Got the mic rewired behind the glove box. This was easily the worst part of the retrofit, only because at least on my car, the braid for the plug was so short, I couldn't even spin it to see the wire pinouts behind it. Cutting back the sheathing helped a little, but not a lot.

There simply wasn't enough space to get two hands in there to pop loose the wires, pull them out, and hold the plug in place. Never mind how hard it was to get light in there, given my fat ass needed the entire footwell to position myself well enough to work on the plug.

I actually had to tape the male plug to the metal rail behind the glovebox, so I could use one hand to pop the wire tabs loose, and the other to tug them free. Total pain in the ass.

All buttoned up now though. works flawlessly. Great BT signal from the stock location and antenna, and the mic works great. In fact, test call said I sounded loud. Speaking normal/soft still comes through really clear on the other end.

Controls are okay on the nav. Modern phones and their voice control is way slicker. Things have come a long way in 9 years!

Big ups to lazd for the tutorial. Only complaint is that after you unplug everything on the MULF for the rewiring, the tutorial should say to plug in more than just the blue plug and the antenna. The MOST plug and the other black wire also need to be replugged in.

Last edited by AWD Addict; 08-16-2016 at 03:38 PM..
Appreciate 0