06-09-2013, 04:57 AM   #3
makkan00
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F83 and F36

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepsrd View Post
1- LDVS cable from CIC to CID (color code: Violet) - BMW , Hard to McGyver it.
2- USB connection to glove compartment (biege or white in colour) -
Get this and a USB cable, and you can make one urself : http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Car-HSD-Fa...item2577eca8f4
3- GPS antenna signal connector (blue connector) - Ebay (search for Fakra connectors)
4- Black HSD cable from combox to USB / Aux in in the central console (part number 61119137935) You can make this urself, but it is 4 m long, and I would recommend spending that extra to get it from BMW.. (no signal degradation)
5- Mustard colour cable from combox (what is that for and where does it go to)? - Post me a pc? Not sure which one you are talking about.
6- Do I need cooling hose for CIC (or was that a requirement for CCC only)? No cooling hose.
7- CID connector wire - just a connector is needed, you can reuse the CCC CID wire , (if you are wiring in a non CIC car, get it from BMW)
8- CIC controller wire - KCAN needs twisted par, then power and ground. you can make this urself...

And anything else which is needed? - Emm for what?? ;-)

Any help appreciated.
Thanks.
Deep
You are star mate.
Now,
number 2, I prefer OEM solution so if I can get the real part number. With real OEM, they show all the cables together and its hard to know which one is for what.

number 3, I want to buy GPS cable from the CIC to GPS antenna. Need the part number.

number 5, I found out that it was for bluetooth cable.
I was referring to the connector to extreme left.
[URL=http://s1259.photobucket.com/user/makkan00/media/6-4_zpsac4cd380.jpg.html]

Do you know how does the bluetooth connector cable run?
Is it CIC ---> BT antenna under the passenger footwell?
or Is it from combox to BT antenna under the passenger footwell?

And other than that, I will need to know;
A- My car came with no harness. So in those cars which come with MULF2 or combox, those wires which goes to MULF2 or combox, where are those wires coming from?
CIC?
As I will need to run new bunch of wires.
B- I need to buy MOST fiber loop from the rear MOST network to combox. Any idea what are the part number.