View Single Post
      08-27-2011, 04:00 PM   #11
mr_milo
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E93 328i

@aermet, I think the difference is that he is using the new ISSS / ISTA software and we are still using the older NCS / WinKFP software. With the older software it is very easy to read your VO (from the car), add the new option ($6NR in this case), then write the new VO back to the car. Once the car has the new VO, you will need to update the modules based on the new VO. This will load the new defaults for the new VO, adding the options and needed coding for BMW Apps. Alternately you could just code in BMW Apps by activating the needed functions. Again this is all assuming you have the needed firmware version in your modules.

I have no idea how the new software works that your tech friend has. Therefore I don't know what he might need to do but I highly doubt he'll have to get a code from BMW because the code is already known.

First you need to know if your up to the correct firmware levels and then go from there. Might check if there is anyone local that has the old software. Checking the levels is an easy read of the modules and adding to the VO and recoding is pretty straight forward too. If I had the correct firmware levels, I'd have Apps by now but unfortunately I need the more intensive firmware update first.
Appreciate 0