View Single Post
      10-05-2012, 09:37 PM   #1
JoeyBananaz18
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: metrocard

My 24 hours with my performance exhaust

Really, there's only me sentence I need to put in this.

So far, everytime I've gotten into my car, I've opened the windows before staring it up just to hear that wonderful exhaust note.

Ok, here's the real deal. I've had my stock exhaust for the past 3 years/ 24k miles. Now, there isn't anything wrong with the factory exhaust note, but after a while I wanted to spice things up a bit.
The set up for my 92 is just the axel back, essentially just mufflers. I can understand how the price can turn some people off but I was able to buy one off of a member on here for around $800.
Install was a peice of cake. Just 2 cuts, 2 welds, and just plug up the line that activates the butterfly valve on the drivers muffler.

The first time I started up the car, was incredible. The sound was amazing. I had to drive on local streets from the shop to the highway, so it was 1st and 2nd gear driving for a little while. From the moment I put it in gear, the car sounded like a V8. From idle to around 3500 rpms, one can easily tell that the car has an aftermarket exhaust. But from 3500 and up the exhaust sound just like the OEM set up. It was only today where I was able to hear a real difference at those rpms. I was driving on a highway in the left lane along the center divider and was able to hear that sound bouncing back at me.
A very interesting pro to this exhaust is that, I guess because its a freer flowing set up, there is less back flow going to the turbos. Because of this, the revs don't drop as fast as they do with the original exhaust. This allows for much smoother engaging of 1st and 2nd gear.

I absolutely love the way this sounds. I highly recommend it for anyone looking to enhance the sound of their car. It's no wonder these sell so fast in the classifieds. My next step is to pair this with the PPK which should be getting installed next week.
7/18/09- I pick up my baby- 2009 E92 335i Xdrive, Space Gray over Coral Red. Premium Pkg, Cold Weather Pkg, M-Sport Pkg, 193Ms, Gloss Black grills, Custom Gloss Black Mirrors, Performance shift and E-brake boot, M3 spoiler, Euro fog switch, gloss black interior tim, Coco-Mats (red/black), H&R coilovers, 19'' Alufelgen SF-71s......
Appreciate 0