View Single Post
      11-28-2012, 10:24 PM   #1
moonsin
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 08 E92 328xi

Angry Cold started and died!! (Valvetronic eccentric shaft sensor)

I started my car after getting out of work. It started normally with no issues. but the catch was it died immediately after. RPM went up and down once or twice and it cut off. Tried starting again and same thing happens. Took out my OBD II scanner to see what was up since i didnt see any error messages on my idrive. I got a P1017 error from the reading.

P1017
- Valvetronic eccentric shaft sensor circuit is open or shorted
- Valvetronic eccentric shaft sensor poor electrical connection
- Missing reluctor on valvetronic eccentric shaft sensor
- Faulty valvetronic eccentric shaft sensor

Greatttttt...so i called AAA to tow it to the local independent shop that i know and before truck got to me i tried starting the car for the hell of it again and it fired up but with check engine light. Regardless i wasn't gonna risk driving 25 miles on the highway during rush hour with a car that can potentially cut out at any minute. I tow it to the shop and checked for the codes again it cleared on its own and car fired with zero issues.

Now the question is do i still get it checked out? or do i just assume it was one time hiccup?? Wish i knew about this when i took my car in for service last saturday

'08 BSM//SB PROGRESSION THREAD
Bilstein/Eibach Pro-Kit, ACS Style Roof Spoiler, trunk lip spoiler,Aero lip, blackout grill/reflector, 19" ST8, Lightwerkz Custom Headlights, Muffler Delete, coded etc etc
Appreciate 0