View Single Post
      05-09-2012, 08:25 PM   #13
Bimmer Nerd
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 6MT F80

To make the question a little bit more broad. What did you learn throughout college that you wished you knew before going into one. I am talking beyond strictly education wise. Maybe something that you learned in general or while something that has happened to you when you were attending college and so on I know older wiser people also have stuff to share

Like, looking back at past 2 years of my life i learned a lot id say. I learned that even though some people might be entitled to a certain title in life, doesn't mean that know what the hell they are talking about (ex: counselors). They told me W's mattered as far as undergrads were concerned and if i had more than 3, i would need to reconsider maybe settling my ass with a CSU instead of a UC. I called couple of UC's and found out that unless you have EXTENSIVE record of W's with no explanation, nobody gives a flying fuck. As long as you dont have 10-15 you should be good and mostly your GPA/Extra curriculars is whats being considered among other things.

I also learned to take control of certain parts of my life and stop asking for stuff and instead just go and get it myself. I have bought 3 cars with my own money since then (sold/bought) and kept on upgrading with each one. I learned to pay for everything on my own and not depend on my mom to give me money and other small things along the way (still live with her though, but so does 95% of LA under 25)

Share your stories
Appreciate 0