05-09-2012, 11:08 PM   #16
Vanity
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW E90 LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ421 View Post
I'd go back to being 16/17 any day; all through HS I was focused on the future, getting through college and so on. I didn't "live the moment" and damn I regret it. Same with college. I maintained dean's list for 4 years and graduated with honors, was hired in a FT consulting position before I even graduated but - really, really wish I just lived a little more. Didn't have a drink till I was 21 . Yeah - I was (and still am) way too reserved

That behavior continues to bite me in the ass ... I wish I was better at dating. The real world is a hellhole environment. Maybe I ought to drive my BMW more ... I kid.

tl;dr, have fun when you can and stop worrying.

"Why oh why didn't I take the blue pill" (to compensate I got a blue car ).
Just my two cents, but most kids from my Highschool who "lived the moment" and didnt focus on college or the future... didn't have one.

Aside from that, spending time with family more for sure. When you lose them, you can never get them back. You can make friends, best friends, girl friends, wives, etc, but you can't ever have that "blood-connection" with another person. That level of connection is something I miss (a lot).