01-27-2011, 04:58 AM   #112
jinjur
yes....spelt with J's
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F31 325D MSport

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335diesel View Post
Jinjur - I have folding headrests (at the rear) - they cost more than 2 Clios ;-)

TBH I can see where you are coming from - I had an 8ish mile "tussle" with an RS6 Avant once in my old mk4 R32. Properly twisty B roads in South Devon.

Now the RS6 is MUCH more powerful, MUCH quicker to 60,100, etc BUT because it's so heavy, it's not very agile. So while he had tonnes of grip, the nature of the road just meant the RS6 constantly looked unsettled. Every straight - he was right behind me. Every set of bends - I pulled a fair way ahead. Overall, it was just about even (and yes he was going for it - it made a great noise).

Am I a stupid chav for thinking a 260bhp R32 can be as quick as a 450+bhp RS6? I don't think so.

I just think some cars are very agile - they recover their composure very quickly after a bend so are set up for the next one instantly. A 911 does this. A Clio Sport does this. A 3 series does this pretty well. A near two tonne RS6 doesn't do this. And nor do some supercars.

Oh and to level it even more, I COULD NOT shake off a very well driven 106 GTi once in the R32 - I had twice the power but again the nature of the road made the lighter car more suited to it. The lines the guy was taking and the speed at which he carried (he looked about 40ish) were just spot on. Must have been some racing driver or something?!

So there you go - I levelled an RS6, a 106 GTI levelled me - all down to a car's chuckability.
I possibly love you.

lol.
Appreciate 0