View Single Post
      07-23-2013, 07:26 PM   #16
kaitan
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: The Dark Side VAG TDI Biturbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJH_335 View Post
A bit late perhaps but for info, I bought my set of Michelin PSSs from Tire Rack in mid-June and for a set of 225/255 19”, the shipping came to US$280 for the full set. So your quote was much higher but I understand that size is somehow less expensive than a set of 235/265s. As the total cost was >$1K, I was charged about $242 in Customs fees made up of the import charge, GST, AQIS entry charge, electronic lodgement fees and Customs document fees – they sure know how to hit you. Doing two at a time will save you all of that.

The slight hassle with Tire Rack is they don’t take cards – you need to do a direct deposit to their bank which is easy if you do electronic banking and have that set up for your account. To their credit, TR provide very thorough paperwork so there are no delays at Customs, as long as you pay the charges immediately.

I understand TR has some great pricing on the F1A2 atm which could make it attractive for some.

Any tyre place will fit and balance for you - I was charged $20 per here in Canberra.

Hey take for the input!

Yeah $370 is crazy for 4 tyres to be shipped. I find that MPSS is really over the top performance grip for the amount that you are paying here!!! on TR it's a difference of $200usd for 4 tyres.

Any place can fit them for you generally they charged $25 on average.
Appreciate 0