View Single Post
      12-16-2012, 09:09 AM   #1
fireline43
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 Mercedes C250

New Polisher fun

So I got the Griot's DA polisher from a cyber Monday deal on amazon for $100. Came with a kit of polish/wax/clay bar/ and speed shine also. So I decided to give it a whirl this weekend and the results were definitely nice for me. Don't mind my dog in the first picture.

I still had some minor scratches here and there after I did the whole thing, but I'm not that much of a perfectionist because 99% of people won't notice that stuff. I used my reliable meg's ultimate combo. Compound/polish/wax. I clayed it. Started off with the griots machine polish 3 but wasn't cutting enough so took out the compound. Then went to the griots to finish it off. Then I threw on a layer of the griots best in show wax.
I read that the durability wasn't that great, so I finished the top layer off with the meg's ultimate wax which is more of a sealant. That way I'll get some durability on the top coat.
I'm going to venture into some higher level products once I get low on these ones, but for now I'm more then happy with the meg's ultimate combo.
Appreciate 0