01-27-2014, 09:02 PM   #9
cwarren
Captain
Rep
Drives: 08 e92

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasillalov View Post
Thanks!

I've never seen those injectors. This is an interesting find. The information on Rock Auto web site for this part number is very limited. It does not tell us if the injector comes with the decoupling element or not. Also, we have no idea if this is gen 1 or gen 2 injectors.

Rock Auto generally stocks discontinued and non OEM part numbers. They are brand new, just discontinued or made by a third party which is NON-OEM. From what I've seen online on other forums, RockAuto is a hit or miss. Some people hate them with passion, some people have had good results.

Personally, I would not attempt this purchase unless they have some good exchange warranty that covers shipping as well. 10-15% off of the price from a OEM injector is not worth the trouble in my opinion, especially when it comes to injectors.

BTW, did you know that you can easily mix gen2 and gen1 injectors IN THE SAME BANK of cylinders?

is this the new consensus ? we can inter mix without issue ? remember reading of a few guys doing it but didn't hear the results .