330cdsport
Right Responsible
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: AW F21 M135i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by carrerarsr View Post
Having warned my mate who has the 19'' 225 wheels on his Aug 07 E92 320i that these have been cracking he got a call today from BMW that whilst his car was in for a service they have spotted one of his rear wheels is cracked. They are waiting on his agreement to replace the wheel at a cost of around £500 and it's not covered by warranty. He is obviously pissed as the car is due to be returned to his lease company late July and could do without an additional cost. The dealer said they would check the wheels runout on their machine to check roundness. But as we already know a cracked wheel will not be round by nature of the fact its is cracked. Therefore adding to their argument of damage due to poor roads, pot holes or speed bumps inflicting the damage.

How is the court proceedings going and do you need another owner of cracked alloys to sign up to the ever growing list?
Hi Carrerarsr, tell your mate to go to his local engineering company and get it fixed for about £50. I assume that it is on the inside (like mine) and the weld will never be seen.
I got this done about 6 months ago on one of my back alloys and all is perfect since.
He would be mad to pay £500 - esp. when the car is being returned.
Appreciate 0