View Single Post
      10-07-2013, 04:25 PM   #58
Kolyan2k
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2006 S2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKim51988 View Post
I just bought my 2007 335i with 84,6xx miles and was able to get the warranty at cost.

They charged me $300 more for my warranty than what was originally quoted so I told them i wasnt going to sign anything unless they fixed it.

During this process, i was able to look over at the screen where it showed the warranty cost to the dealership and "suggested" Retail price.

Sad to say, there was approx a $2,500 profit margin on the warranties they were trying to sell to me. The basic one (power train warranty) started at $1,700 (cost to dealer) and the best one available to me (based on yr and milage of car) was the gold package, which wholesaled at $2600 and retailed at $5400. I was able to get the Silver package at cost, $2,400...3 yrs/36k

If i were you, I'd counteroffer their warranty price their giving you by half and add $300. However, all dealerships 3rd party warranties are different but i wouldn't be surprised if the profit margins are very similar.

The reason i decided to go with a warranty was, because after much research, I noticed a trend in problems that occur with the 2007 335i. And after looking at the 3rd party coverage (silver package) i noticed most things were covered under it. I'm actually getting a few things repaired now and, after factoring in labor cost, i already recouped my cost for the warranty (water pump, thermostat, oil gasket,)
whats the name of your warranty company ? just curious
Appreciate 0