11-26-2012, 09:11 PM   #11
kiwi29
Team iTouge
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 M-Tech 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by rorkor View Post
That sounds more like a clutch issue than the trans, maybe an issue engaging the plates. Especially if you are feeling it in the clutch pedal and not in the shift stack. I have had some funny things happen to me on the new 6MT that I never experienced in the e36 M3 5speed.

I attributed the engagement issues to the clutch delay valve not keeping up when I am power shifting and have only felt a slip due to engagement fault once, which was a bad one.

After a lot of miles, MT Bimmers have always been known to develop clutch rattle wich is noticeable in low gears and when cold but fades after a few miles of warm-up.
I completely agree. The CDV is a major problem which is why I had it also deleted. Luckily the lovely people at bmw made it simple to just punch it out and replace it
Quote:
Originally Posted by StealYourFace View Post
Start simple dude, a fluid change, new mount and maybe a t/o bearing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hybrid For Life View Post
sounds like a to bearing issue to me

It turned out to be the entire transmission was shot. I some how broke 3 gears. (Idler, 1st and 2nd) broke the rear bearing and destroyed the synchro from first to engage in second. Simple to say, I hate this weak transmission that comes on n52s... I've driven civics harder than this and they held up. Makes me question the quality of
he transmission and its components.. this is the second time the car has been in the shop for a faulty transmission.
Driving is like having sex.
It really is. You can read up all you want about how to please a woman, you can look at all the diagrams in the world, but just like the clitoris, you won't know what the hell an apex is before you actually find it.
Appreciate 0