View Single Post
      03-19-2013, 04:59 PM   #28
Tyso335
Captain
Rep
Drives: E92 335d M Sport.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by P 5UML View Post
most of this largely depends on tyre brands too! i run a 265 profile on a 9.5J rear right now which is what is recommended and it looks slightly stretched! as thats how the Falkens are made!
putting another brand of tyre on the car may fit it perfectly!

it is based on personal opinion as there are a wealth of people running silly stretched tyres and never having a problem! be mindful that when you are running a stretch you also need to drive a little more carefully and not as you would on standard fitments!

as mentioned drifting round corners and driving in excess of the legal speeding limits is not going to do you any favours at all!

just pop to any shows, Players, DC12, Gaydon BMW Festival! any German night at Ace and you will see some crazy wheel and tyre combo's especially from the VAG boys with Rotiforms!

i am sure the people who run stretches know the dangers of doing it...

but think about this

the same issue can be said for every single BMW owner who switches their tyres to non-runflats! they run the risk of blowouts...

but then again! so does every single car on the street that doesnt have/come with run flats!
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighlandPete View Post
I assume you are running 265/30 R19 on the 9.5" rim. If so, the Falken FK 452 is rated for a 9.5" measuring rim, with 9.0 - 10.0" approved rims. So you are bang in the middle, so technically not stretched at all.

The comparison to the RFT is not really in the same league. If we use a normal tyre to the same load and speed rating, there is no technical difference. The RFT gives additional safety benefits, but the normal tyre is not a compromised fitment. Totally compliant with ETRTO standards

HighlandPete
see lads i no someone who runs a stretch on his skyline and he drifts every roundabout he hits and hes never had a blow out so i wonder how it does affect it....

Fuel of the Devil
NOW: E92 335d M Sport lots of mods to come...
Gone But Not Forgotten: EVO 8 MR FQ340 Running 370bhp
Appreciate 0