07-10-2012, 01:28 PM   #5688
Glowin
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: X3 35 & 335i now - M2/M4 next?

Quote:
Originally Posted by enrita View Post
2 - How about the factory diverter valves? Just want to know if they're necessary to be done, or just a wait and see if they break approach, as (at least with the DV's) I'd read that the stock DV's can often hold up even at the higher boost levels seen with 2+ maps.
they should hold fine with high boost, if they leak you can always get the forge.

3 - And for the air intake, I've got a K&N right now in the stock airbox. How many of you upgraded your intakes too to a Mr. 5 or Helix style (or a CAI I suppose)? Or is the K&N sufficient (which is all that Cobb seems to recommend - a panel filter is one of the choices they said is ok)?
Best would be a Mr. 5 or Helix style if you dont want to go DCI, Injen etc.
Ciao Enrita, thanks a lot for the quick reply!

Couple more questions please:

1 - If my DV's do fail, then I assume I'll just get a code / go into limp mode? Is it ok to keep driving the car then, and stay off of boost? Maybe switch to stock map? Because if I have to go buy the Forge DV's then, it might take a week to get them in, for example.

2 - For the intake, if I haven't had time yet to make my stock airbox into a Helix style and I go to the track with just the K&N as the upgrade, what's the impact? Anything bad, like a possible limp mode? Or just that you can't make as much power as you'd be able to otherwise?
Appreciate 0