Rep
Drives: 2007 E92 SG 335i 6MT

Garage List
2007 BMW 335i  [7.66]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 335rocks View Post
Yeah, do the hardware equivalent.
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showth...ator+resonator
Unplugging the actuator and going for a drive is a good way to flush the error code history. I.e. clearing the codes using a BT cable or through the PROcede only clears the current codes, not the history. So the dealer may still be able to pickup tuner codes (if any are logged) if this has not been cleared.

You could try to reset the codes and verify that the code is gone. Start and stop the car and then re-check if the code came back?

Easiest way to check if the fan is working, is to get the car up to temp and then park up with the engine running. Wait 1-2 min, pop the hood and check if the fan is running. It may come on and off.

Ah forgot that you're reading the codes using the PROcede. The extra info about the "pulse-duty actuator flap" is from using a BT tool. It still doesn't give you much more info and INPA may actually be better here. I had good experience getting more detail from INPA as it's able to parse a lot more codes and get sub codes with descriptions. Only issue is that the descriptions generally are in German. So it's still a long shot if it will get you any closer, so you may be better off getting the dealer to look at it unless you know anyone with an INPA cable.
Thanks for all the updates! Yes, the radiator fan is running when the engine is hot (i was at like 240-250*F and the fan's were running when i parked and popped the hood). Ill check the CAN DME codes in a little bit, write them down, reset, then turn the car back on and see what happens.

Seems like a lot of people have this code, and nobody knows what it is . Ive read some people get their firmware updated at the dealership and it eliminates the code? Guess thats my only option left...