View Single Post
      12-27-2012, 01:39 PM   #12
Projekt_BooGie
Average Car Exceeding Expectations (ACEE)
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i e92

Garage List
2007 e92  [7.00]
first let me answer your question....amount of stretch is a personal thing.

225/35 tire will stretch depending on what BRAND tire you get...each brand stretches differently. And b/c a 225 can fit on a 9" tire there is a chance it will not look like stretched. (ex. I have a 275 on a 10.5 it is stretched but people who don't know, don't know what to look for so it looks normal) If you want a definite stretch do a 215 tire in the rear(once again it depends on the brand always keep this in mind). The 215/35 and 225/35 tire keeps you in the "recommended aspect ratio of the factor size 255/30/ rear tire also keep in mind these tires will be taller then stock, but still in the recommended ratios.

as for the front it will be hard to get an equal stretch as for they don't make a lot of 195/xx/19 tires. So a 205/40/19 will have to do for the front

now my suggestion:
I would say keep the factory tire size maybe even move up a size, get some spacers and just flush out the tires as of now (non stretched set up). This would allow you save up for a nice set of wheels to stance(keep in mind you don't have to spend $5000+ on wheels to look nice), and to be able to use this set up year around if you want. And once you get your "stanced" look like you want, you'll have a normal tire set up to drive on daily if you want. If you want aggressive you can still get an aggressive look with a not stretched tire. If you are going for the stanced look you will have to lower your car a nice amount. I'm talking 2"+ to give it the look you are probably picturing. Stanced 4x4 is not a stanced car. Its like putting ketchup in your ceral...it might taste good but it just don't go together. Now this is just my .02 cents.

Hopes this helps

too much to list...just know its wide and bagged

Last edited by Projekt_BooGie; 12-27-2012 at 01:49 PM..
Appreciate 0