makkan00
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F36

Quote:
Originally Posted by rismo View Post
1 I believe 644 is the proper one. Enhanced BT etc as far as I understood
2 I think it might influence the options within office and maybe other functionality, but I could be wrong for both 1 & 2.. mixed info, even my dealer could not figure it out completely...

3 - Dont'know :-) The thing within this thread is about the aspect of two types of combox modules, the media version and the telematics. Physicaly the main difference is TCU capabilities and some extra wires. In this thread we mentioned telematics because I had connected power to pin 2, pin 2 is the powersource for telematics, pin 1 for media boxes. No problem to connect both, but on a media box this results results in a "fake/incorrect" reporting of the ecall (telematics) ecu, while my box has not the connectors/function...

4 No relation, no impact.. not the right question ;-) see point 3

Thanks.

I am discussing it to find a logic, difference and rationale of going for one over the other.

I have worked on E92, which had combox telematics. He had only pin 2 as the source of power. And I read on other thread that few people had issues when they connected the power source to pin 1, but as soon as they connected to pin 2, all went smooth.

I have a hunch feeling that;

1- 633 is connected to combox telematics and give you all the options on the CIC.

2- 644 works with the combox, but without using telematics and has less options.

I may be wrong, but I will strive to find out the answer of this.

Thanks.