Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW 328xi

BSW Stage 1 Speakers Upgrade: 2Mid and 2Tweeters

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
Sold
Shipping Costs Included

Item Interest
These are BSW Stage 1 upgrade speakers for E90 series. Note that there are only two front mid-range speakers and two tweeters in this package.
I purchased them with the idea of getting them installed into my X5 that currently has base system. I was going after so called “front stage” set up but turned out E90 speakers are larger in diameter and will not fit E70 doors. I know now that either center channel or rear deck would be the right fit as they are smaller.
I tried one set (one side) in my wife’s E90 (2007 328xi 4-door) that has Hi-Fi and they fit perfectly both mid-range and tweeter. I played with the audio settings and you can actually tell the difference: OEM speakers produced simply loud mixed pitch sound, with BSW you get more pronounce notes, clear voices and even bass (if you have hi-fi you know it sucks) is deep and more noticeable. I offered her to keep them but with all the talk shows she listens to, it wouldn’t make much of a difference so not worth the expense.
The closest comparison that I was able to find on the BSW web site is for 3-series coupe and/or convertible. The box label says Logic 7 upgrade but the set only includes 2 mids and 2 tweeters and no center channel. As far as I know there should be no difference between base/hi-fi and L7 speakers from BSW. Such package on their web site runs $480.00 – see here:
http://www.bavariansoundwerks.com/pr...Series-M3-E93/

The set came brand new to me and I only had one mid-rang and tweeter installed to test as described above. The other two are still sealed in plastic bags.

What’s included:
2- Front Door Midranges: BSW 100mm Midrange Speakers
2- Front Door Panel Tweeters: BSW 25mm Silk Dome Tweeters (Replaced in HiFi Audio, added in Base Audio)

Last edited by ihavebeentoseattle; 07-01-2013 at 05:25 PM.. Reason: SOLD
Appreciate 0