View Single Post
      04-21-2007, 12:20 PM   #79
Driver72
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 335i - to new owners now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLSJ5 View Post
Dead on post, dyno's are a tool for tuning and selling products. Take it to the track or line the cars up, whoever runs the best ET/trap or pulls in a friendly run matters more to me than being dyno king.

Driver72 is correct about the track conditions here in Socal, Up North at Sac raceway is our best bet, Shiv trapped 111 there with the procede.

It would be great to see a AA car go up against a procede car.
But the problem with the tracks are the most powerful car does not always win. Example: I had the best times at Famoso of all the BMW's, but the s/c M3's clearly are faster cars. Driver ability on the track plays a BIG role.
Running from a ROLL (preferable 40+ mph on up) is more accurate for seeing which car is making more power, but then you have to be willing to risk a BIG ticket and possibly even losing your car for "street racing".
And even then there is SOME driver skill involved.
Same dyno, same day removes ALL driver skill and is the best way to compare different cars to see which is putting more power down and therefore probably the quicker car, as long as the drivers have equal skill and mods are equal.
Appreciate 0