View Single Post
      10-11-2012, 09:24 AM   #1
rich1068
has left the building
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F30 330d M Sport

Six weeks for a rattle!

Following on from this thread, if the latest fix works then the dealer will have had my car for six weeks. I'll give them credit, they're being extremely thorough this time and are obviously tackling the problem with a 'it has to be right' 'money no object' approach. BMW will be getting billed thousands in labour and parts for this work.

The purpose of this thread isn't really to tell you what they've tried so far (but I can bore you with that if you like) or to rant about the dealer or the car but to question why after so many previous trips to the dealer they're going to so much effort this time?

Now I've heard in the past that Audi have a three fix policy ie three goes at fixing and if they can't then the car is gone. I've come across this more than once and if it isn't an urban myth I'm guessing other manufacturers have a similar policy on the quiet. In my case I'm obviously thinking about BMW.

What are the thoughts of the E90Post collective? Am I just being suspicious for no reason? Are BMW just trying to keep a customer happy? Or are they trying to avoid a situation that could involve a finance agreement being torn up and a car going back?
Appreciate 0