United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 Z4 3.0si, 2013 E92 M3 ZCP

Garage List
2013 E92 M3  [0.00]
2008 BMW Z4 3.0si  [9.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 328xi0wner
I went in yesterday to begin process on replacing head. Before I went I spoke to manager I asked if I can come in, get the process rolling for the new head (PUMA case and such), take my car home, and only return when the approval and parts are in. He agreed. When I got there, it was a different story. Now he said that depending on my VIN I might get updated lifters BEFORE the head and I'd have to leave my car there, and so on. NO, stop delaying the head replacement. That is the ultimate real fix. I got a little frustrated and left without leaving the car.

I'll return when the tick really begins to annoy me, as the lifter replacement (1/2011) has really patched it very well.

I guess you can do that when you have CPO until 2014. I'll DEFINITELY get the head replaced by then.
I wouldn't sweat it. The dealer still has to go through the motions of replacing the lifters first as recommended by the service bulletin. I'm sure they won't get reimbursed by BMW NA if they didn't follow procedure. Even the SA I took my car to said they would still have to go through the proper steps before replacing the cylinder head. My lifters have been replaced but I still get the ticking. The car will definitely go back to the dealer for head replacement when the weather clears up.