sickem
Freude am fahren
Rep
Drives: E90 N54

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by buylongterm View Post
Question

Is there anyway to run stage 2 maps without getting down pipes? I live in IL and I wouldn't pass emissions and my car is still under the BMW warranty for 2+ years. This month I plan on upgrading the car with a Dinan FMIC and Dinan Exhaust. anything else that will allow me to run the Stage 2 maps? I am CRAVING more power.

Thanks!
In terms of off the shelf maps, just run stage 1+fmic once you get the FMIC. This is a very powerful map, moreso than stage 2. There's a big difference between stage 1 and stage 1+ in terms of boost and timing advance.

Other option would be to have PTF or the like make you a custom map for your car. This could be done either on a dyno or via an etune. This will maximize the power your car makes better than an OTS map, particularly if you have E85 at your disposal...

On another note, why the Dinan FMIC? There are much more cost-effective options on the market and while I have had dealers squawk about my downpipes they've never said anything about the ETS intercooler.