Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 330i 6MT

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
2006 330i  [0.00]
Some caveats

- It helps to have good lighting. I use a retractable fluorescent shop light.

- You must remove the plastic elbow from the throttle assembly in order to access the bolt on the upper right hand corner. It follows that when you are reinstalling, you must attach the throttle assembly to the air inlet of the intake manifold before you put this elbow on.

- The plastic elbow is a critical part that must snap into place! Since you are working somewhat blindly when attaching this piece back, you may want to practice attaching the plastic elbow to the throttle body and removing it before the actual reinstall.

- Don't forget to reconnect the air hose and electrical plugs. Without them, your throttle valve will remain closed, or your MAF will not function.

The $500+ question

If you take a close look at the last photo above, the inlet diameter of this collector (as it turns) for intake air seemed more narrow than the diameter of the throttle valve assembly bore.

One would intuitively question whether the throttle body bore is the most restrictive component for the flow of intake air.

See brightened photo attachment below.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arcrox
Have you dynoed it yet?
I did this on Thanksgiving morning. Turkey, gravy, mashed potatoes, wild rice, cranberries, corned bread and pumpkin pie, and days of leftovers before re-dyno next week.
Attached Images

Last edited by ksfrogman; 11-23-2006 at 01:08 PM..
Appreciate 0