View Single Post
      01-09-2014, 09:10 AM   #114
ironduke2010
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: E92 xDrive

hi guys, i'm new to bmw, and have a 2011 e92 with HiFi (as far as i can tell). i just started looking through the stereo upgrade threads, and am looking to follow kaigoss69's setup "path" for the MS-8 in this thread i like the ms8 for the 31band eq, even though i likely will not go through the trouble of adding a center channel for L7 magic. (i like that thread since it seems to make things nice and simple for me, but wanted to see how applicable it is for my car.)

couple of questions off the bat:
1. how do the internal amps of the ms8 compare with the stock HiFi amp (discussed above)? i can't seem to find RMS specs for either. they seem similar.
2. kaigoss69 seems to like the stock oem EPS speakers from one of his cars (i find the oem stereo option names/specs confusing... his stock speakers sound like they may be an M3 option only?),. i have whatever speakers came stock with HiFi in a 2011 e92, and am not sure how they compare with the EPS ones kai likes. (particularly the underseats, which i would consider amping a la his "config #1b") how do HiFi speakers stack up to EPS ones? could oem EPS speakers be used as a cost effective "upgrade" to my stock HiFi ones?

*edit*
ok, just found this thread describing part numbers for 3 levels of OEM speakers: http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=227528 this project is going to be a bit more of a rabbit hole than i thought! back to search...

Last edited by ironduke2010; 01-10-2014 at 08:54 AM..
Appreciate 0