AlanQS
Colonel
Scotland
Rep
Drives: Jaguar XE P250 HSE

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by RagingKileak;*****627
I had a little do with a V10 R8 in my modded 135 a few years ago. Not only did I beat him over about 300 yards between 2 sets of lights, he then stalled at the next set.

It's amazing that people even bother buying these expensive, brand new and often beautiful cars - if your car can't beat a £20 grand 1 series over 300 yards, then you just a rich fool son!

Actually have you guys heard about the legendary DXB? He used to come here a lot. I don't think anyone has ever met him though - his car used to beat Ferraris and Lambos at Santa pod (proven with videos) and I have to admit that I've often wondered if it was even a 335d at all. I think it might have had an engine transplant it something. It was TOO quick!

Matt
I thought you had met him Matt. I met him a few times at UK meets when he still had the DXB. It was in fact a 335D - SE model but it had been well re-mapped. He used to be quite a good go-kart driver when he was younger and I suspect that he was really good at getting a car off the line and keeping it in the sweet spot.

Some of his documented times were really impressive though he did annoy people a bit with his fascination with quarter mile times and terminal speeds, after all it doesn't bear much relevance to real life driving.

He was a good story teller in the bar at night after the day's run.

Sigh... E90Post in it's hey day
Appreciate 0