View Single Post
      10-21-2012, 01:20 PM   #34
BOBKUR
Major
Rep
Drives: 2008 E 90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Efthreeoh View Post
Okay, but it's just a screw in the tire and it was an accident. The OP seems to be making a Federal case over it on the internet when the shop has not yet had the opportunity to fix the problem. The OP has made a statement that he's received lousy customer service, but from what I can tell the shop, based on the time he picked up the car, did not have at its disposal at the time the event occurred, the resources to correct the problem. Had the shop said, "hey it's not our problem, go away", then I could see some justification for harping about lousy customer service.

It's an unfortunate event, but far from catastrophic. I’d bet if the OP had driven the car for a day, gotten a screw in the tire, he’d be back at the shop having the tire plugged and patched for $25 and been on his way. I doubt he’d go order a new tire and have it replaced. To think the tire needs to be replaced is ridiculous; it just needs to be repaired. As I said, I can see where the OP would expect some compensation on the part of the shop to make sure the tire issue was taken care of. But to go on E90 Post at this stage early in the game seems a bit of an overreaction. As far as anyone knows, the screw may not even have made a hole the tire at this point.

BTW, I'm old enough to know there are starving people in the World, prior to the invention of the Internet.
Let the shop respond, accidents do happen.
Appreciate 0