View Single Post
      01-17-2009, 06:26 AM   #28
efunroom
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E90 325

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighVoltage View Post
I dont know what software and interface you are trying to use.....
The hardware I used is ValueCAN3 from Intrepid Control Systems. Software is Vehicle Spy 3. When connect, software showd 'CAN Bus Error'. I have sent a email to the company, hope I can fix the problem soon.

The baudrate is set to 100Kbit/s which sould be the rate of K-CAN

Quote:
Using a DVM to probe a differential comm line is not going to yield a lot of useful information. Please read the links I posted, specifically:
http://www.interfacebus.com/Design_Connector_CAN.html
DVM show -4.3V (+ to CAN-HIGH, - to CAN-LOW), not sure if it should be +4.3V. My car has been repaired one month ago. I suspect the dealer worker make a mistake when connect the PDC wire.

Quote:
You cut both or just one at a time? Why did you cut either line? I also dont know how you are defining "still works" either. You need to be more specific. In any case, I dont have PDC (never liked the looks of those rings on the bumper) and cannot comment on the packet data.
Here is PDC pin assignment

CAN-LOW is the green wire, CAN-HIGH is the orange wire. When connect to these wires, I cut the green wire by accident. Hoever, I found PDC still works. That means the speakers make alarm voice When I close to rear. Then I cut the orange wire too, this time the alarm voice disappear. So the BUS can still works when CAN-LOW is broken?
Appreciate 0