11-16-2012, 09:54 AM   #20
CHECKERED
ex deus machina
United_States
Rep
Drives: G30, F15, Audi S4

Quote:
Originally Posted by sono0b View Post
HAHA I'm about to install mine, and put a stock exhaust back on, I'm located near LTMW tho so let me know!
Update me when you have that installed
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwi29 View Post
I've heard ar catless downpipes on a stock exhaust and I've gotta say... its extremely raspy and not exactly a great sound, a buddy of mine had them on his car and it was louuuudddddd. The rasp is similar to a e46 m straight piped (if you are familiar with how that sounds)
interesting, the pipes could be hitting the subframe
Quote:
Originally Posted by PR3CI5N View Post
I know you want a stock exhaust catless DP ride but if you want to hear what catless BMS DP's plus the BMW PE sounds like on a E90 N54 then lmk. I'm in O.C. area.
that’s a possibility, however if I’ll be throwing money around id rather wait for the right person to come along, I will keep your setup in mind thou.
Quote:
Originally Posted by poloace View Post
Created a new thread, but I'll ask here... I have downpipes on my car _ just moved here and need to get cali registration. If I have catless pipes on now and can obtain smog paperwork, can I try to register it without issue here or will I get in trouble at the DMV? Thanks everyone.
if you can wait until 2013, they changed the law so that cars 2000 year or newer only have to pass OBDII scan, no more tail pipe sniffer, so as long as your car doesn’t shoot codes you’ll be ok.
Gone: E92 335i N54 468rwtq
Appreciate 0