Island Road
Major
Rep
Drives: 335i

Garage List
2008 335i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glowin View Post

3 - Or take all mods out, then go to dealer, which seems totally risky in terms of putting a bunch of money out to take it all out (I just paid 6 freakin' hours of labor to have them put in a month ago... LOL), hope they then give you authorization to have it fixed, otherwise, you're out a bunch of $ and have to pay to have it re-installed too!
This is what i am doing. I already talked to my SA this week and while he is fine with the mods i have on my car but advised me to take them off (DP and Exhaust). The reason being is because for cases like this more then likely BMW-NA will send an inspector to verify before proceeding to approve the work. He did sound confident that it would be covered though.

For me its worth it, I have rattling and also a bad seal so it smokes like crazy. I am doing the work myself to uninstall everything and reinstall. I would rather revert to stock then having to do the turbo replacement. I set up an apt first week of Sept so i will keep you updated on how it goes.
Appreciate 0