04-15-2009, 02:48 PM   #25
cbad335
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 E92 335i

Garage List
Trouble w/wire update

For those of you that did the CANbus wire update, which map did you load after performing the firmware update, Stage 1 CANbus nonDoomsday, or V3-2.2 2-19? I updated the firmware on the car I am working on to pro01v03beta108, then loaded the Stage 1 CANbus nonDoomsday map, then performed the wire update. The car threw multiple inconsistent warnings on repeated startups, including Drive-off assistant failure, suspension control system failure, cruise control system failure, and the service engine soon warning. After checking the connections, I reloaded the firmware (and map) to make sure I didn't just get a failed update, but then repeatedly and consistently got the service engine soon light and a slightly rough, weak idle on every start up. Next, I loaded the V3-2.2 2-19 map and didn't get any warnings. I am going to take it for a drive now, but wanted to know what map others are using with the new firmware. The car is an E90, AT, Dec. '06 build (w/o spy software update), with a DCI, catless exhaust, and stock DPs. Thank you for your assistance.

| 6MT | ZSP | ZPP |
Appreciate 0